Monday, October 15, 2007

Charlie + Tofu

Hello,
May I introduce Charlie (white socks) and Tofu (the fatter one, although you can't really tell in these photos.) They were given to us by Susan, a girl who found the mother near her apartment one day. The mother seems to be an abandoned house cat.

When they first arrived 2 Sundays ago, they seemed a little jaded and shy, so after a few attempts to hold their attention for more than 30 seconds we let them be. 30 minutes later, they were nowhere to be seen. Keumyeo (since she was visiting at the time) and I were baffled. Had they been, perhaps, unwittingly flushed down the toilet? No. eventually after searching high and low, we found them in Iris's bra box.
Oh my gosh is this Keumyeo playing with cats?!?! actually she confessed to me that she actually likes cats, but she still despises squirrels and pigeons.
We have a speculation that Charlie is a girl and that Tofu is a boy, which is problematic seeing as they could potentially make beautiful kitten offspring......talk about incest.

anyways I guess I'll give you guys a quick run-down of the going-ons in apt. 14 since.....I can't remember when.
I sporadically took pictures throughout the week(s) bear with me.

Thanksgiving weekend was long and potentially productive. Ahem...well actually I suppose I didn't do to badly.
on Saturday the weather was a little rainy. I went to a wonderful little brunch organized by Shu-wai at the 'Cafe Della Posta' up on Du Parc street. Here are some photos I took with my cell phone:
Shu-Wai is on the left, and Wei-Ju is on the right, wooo Wei-ju finally has a cell phone! now we can find her without having to stalk her from outside the lobby of her apartment!


Wei-Ju, Sophie and I. Saki and Sophie.

Memorable conversation of the morning courtesy of Shu-Wai:

Saki was talking about how she got into a club for free. Seeing that Saki had a stamp on her hand, Shuwai asked:

"So, you didn't pay but they still have to chop you?"

". . . uh. . . . "

". . . . . . yea. . . you know, chop?" *makes a hand-stamp motion*

hahha good times.
here is the bread pudding that comes with every meal.
Here are the crepes that I ate. Simply scrumptious. Well worth the $ and the ambiance. On our way back to Shu-wai's house we visited a bagel shop well known for it's delicious traditionally made bagels. I managed to snap a blurry photo as I was being swept out the door by my friends
"you guys! you look like tourists!" Afterwards we chilled at Shu-Wai's place, and met one of her roommates (I'm sorry! I can't remember your name!!! you're really nice though!). Her apartment is very nice with one side that has a brick wall interior, very loft-style, very Montreal.

By this time, I was late for a photo-shoot appointment. But seeing as the weather was less than welcoming I ended up receiving a major and much-needed Calculus review courtesy of Peter. Thank you! (but I don't have a photo, much to his chagrin)

so here is a makeshift picture:

Also, on Sunday, Andy came to visit us! He loved the cats.
Andy also loved the food.Speaking of food. Here is a brief portfolio of our combined cooking skills. Delectable no? hahha parents I hope you are proud :D

On the Sunday we went to a restaurant called Firegrill.
It was quite filling. The steak and ribs were excellent. Iris and I had salmon... it was a little dry. But no worries! there was MOUSSE! upon which I think I may have gorged just a little.


besides that, once the long weekend was over, it was back to STUDYING. and more studying and attempts to study. This week I received a letter from my dear dear friend Robin. Thank you!!! I miss yoooooou! I hope you are doing well at UNBC. I'm not sure if she even knows about this blog...hmmm... anyways.
anyways here is a random photo of Kyan posing with a stuffed gorilla.
This is the day that we went to the career fair. I got to talk to a lot of employers. interesting, intimidating, educational.

this weekend was Michelle Kwok's Birthday as well as Kang-hyuk's birthday (Keumyeo's boyfriend) it was interesting. Kang-hyuk got cake in his face. and Michelle brought us to a very nice Tapas bar, we didn't have any alcohol but the tapas were actually quite impressive! I may have pictures later.
I have midterms every friday for the next three consecutive weeks so I probably won't be posting at all. except for today. Charlie is climbing all over my foot again. Perhaps Iris will post?
anyways gotta run!

cheers
Grae V

1 comment:

TY said...

omg~ food looks so good:P:P:P

midterm every friday? ganbare~!!

i like ur kittens~ so pretty like me~:D lol jk